RSS

How Love I To Painting





Hello Everybody!!!

Hurm, its been awhile since i write something on the blog. Hehe, i don't really get inspired lately. Quite stress out of some inappropriate scene everywhere. Not that i am perfecto but i love things to be done and seen as balanced as it could because it sort of calming and healing the uneasy feeling. Haha...!

Okay, talking about Zhang Zhou. It is fair to say i like his paintings. For me, understanding behind the meaning of every painting is crucial because when you understand, it sort of give you the satisfaction of having to look at it. It make sense why the paintings are like that instead of like this. As for Zhang Zhou, he is so great at putting details and differentiating tone to make particular subjects stands out. He also has this geometrical sense of style. The expressions of human figures in his drawings are so clear that you could understand the exact feeling. He is a detail maniac i can say. Hahaha. And it is sad to say, that is what i don't like! I don't hate it but i prefer not to.

Anyway, after i went through his paintings, the room with TIBET paintings attracts me to think. The details are super extraordinary but i just couldn't find a way to understand it. As I analyzed it, i am sure it is because i am not familiar with the feelings or situation that is visualized in the paintings but great thing, the details are superb.

As for me, i kind of like things to be put in blur or in abstract form. I just love abstract art. I love thinking. I love having to sit and look at it from time to time. It inspires me a lot! I browsed through RINA SHUKOR's work and i love it so much. She painted really soft, not much of a texture but plays a lot with color tone, which i love too. She put words and numbers... Oh yeah, and she has this weird visual translation of flora and fauna motifs. (FLORA AND FAUNA MOTIFS? Does this make sense to you?) I can see something like lady bird, butterfly... hmm...so beautiful....

The first picture is a painting of NADIAH MOHAMAD. I was laughing in my heart when i saw this painting because it reminds me of my sister. She likes the pantun so much that every time she is full she will sing it, and it sounds like,

Gendang Gendut Tali Kecapi,
Kenyang Perut, Suka Hati...

This pantun sounds like it is for the overweight people... like me... Nguahahaha... I love food!

The second picture is adapted from MOHD BAKERI ABDUL RAHMAN's painting which is called SEMANGAT POHON 2. I love it because it has the connection with nature. It looks like spade. Oh and by the way, the peribahasa for this painting is, KIPAS ANGIN. Hurm, i dont really understand but what i'm guessing is maybe if you take for example, daun keladi has this kind of shape and if you are hot, you can cool up with that. Hihihi... I think i'm being ridiculous now...... Maybe i should analyze more.. Here, he overlapped the spade over and over to give the effect as if it is really moving. There you go, principle of movement and rhythm and say what you think!

The third is, this artist named MOHD IZWAN HILMI. I thought his work is clever. He used up lines and painted it in a circular/radial/curvy kind of style and he overlap it in different colors and textures, some stands out, some just lying at the back complimenting the whole picture, and it worked really well as you can see/imagine in the third picture above.. So the lines he create actually brought out the shape of flowers and leaves and it is in series too... i love it a lot. One more thing, I just love the fact that he dared to use rare color like fluorescent and playful color. Its refreshing and energizing me... Woohooo... !!! The most important part is, it made me smile that day........ :)

p/s: Mind the roughness of the picture. ( Click on it to see clear picture)

Sri Atikah Shukry-

1 comments:

weedesigners said...

I also like his Tibetan art!!
no wait.. HIS DRAWINGS ARE JUST FASCINATING!
-SP-