RSS

Art Gallery- YinSze.



Are we suppose to write about the paintings only?
How about the sculptures?

Personally, I like this piece by Chan Teck Heng. Titled, " Akhirnya-The last ".







A simple sculpture could portray many meanings. Normally, when a person wants to achieve something, he or she would aim high. And climb to the top. However, this sculpture shows that the human being is bending down low and reaching for something which doesn't seem to be obvious. It could be his dreams or a loved one that he or she wants to protect. It shows how life is tough for us that sometimes we have to bend down to achieve something that is important to us. Sometimes we have to push our egos aside and be patient when we're dealing with certain situations that makes us feel uncomfortable. The outcome of the humiliation might worth more than the ego that had held us back. As long as we do it for the right reasons.


The next painting I would like to talk about is this particular piece.



When I stumbled upon it, I stared at it for quite some time cause' I notice something different about it. I'm not sure if a lot of you notice but if you look at the background from far, you could actually see a human figure with lots of hands.. and another human figure cuddling it from the front. Took me some time to figure out the drawing.
When I first saw it, my eyes were directed straight to the obvious human figure at the bottom left corner. I knew the background was blue but I had no idea that there was actually a figure at the back. I forgot the name of this piece but as you guys could probably already guessed it, its painted by Zhang Zhou. I like the way he blended the background and sort of made it into an optical illusion piece where you could only see from afar.

So next time you look at a painting, take a step back and look at it again.
You might find something different about it (:

Next!
This painting facinates me. The use of colour and the realism factor seems so well done that it actually looks like a photographed picture instead of a painted one.



I like the differrent layers of colour at the rock and the shadows just makes it more real. It has proximity principle in here whereby the rocks are overlapping or combining into each other. The colours and shadow tells them apart. There is also direction cause our eyes move from the huge rock to the travellers and the path that they are heading to, which is the bottom left corner. Even the way the rocks are shaped shows that they're moving towards the left .

The title of this painting is " Set Off ".
Those travellers are probably heading towards a whole new adventure or back home to their loved ones. It shows no matter the hot weather, or travelling inconvenience, they are determined to move forward to their destination. Can you imagine living in the ancient century, at the dessert with no cars , air cons, or even a cellphone? Would you walk out of your house to travel far? You probably wouldn't even own a home.
We should be grateful we're living in this era!

The painter :


Does he seem familiar to you?
I think he's pretty famous now among our class since the art gallery is fillled with most of his artworks. So I guess I need not mention his name (:

He is from China and was born in the year, 1956.
Which makes him 53 years old by now! 53 years of age and has already made it this far.
Friends, we have 30 more years to go! (:
He studied and taught art at the Liaoning Teachers Education Art Department.
Anybody interested in becoming an artist? Study there!

He likes using Western Oil Paintings instead of brush and ink paintings traditions. He's also greatly inspired by the French masters Henri Matisse, Paul Gauguin and Gustave Klimt.

For my last piece, I'd like to talk about this one!
That's Kar Xin in the picture.
It's huge. it looks like a T-shirt, and it is made out of....



.......the toilet scrubber thinggie. I have no idea what is it called.


Alright, Selamat Hari Raya kawans!
Don't forget to invite me for Open Houses and green packets! (:
Not forgetting the fooooodd !! Mmms.

( :
See you guys in a week !

Loo Yin Sze
0907Z64643

0 comments: